Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Love and Play

Ok I'll admit.. I bought these Gorjuss Girl stamps awhile ago. So long that I don't even remember!  Yikes!  So as it has become my mission to use what I have, I decided to give them some love and use them before I buy any more..  Yes I am contemplating getting more!

So here's my first card share of the bunch.  I thought this image was so cute!  Love, love, love images on swings!  So I couldn't resist buying this one when it came out.  I decided to use my Prima Lyric paper pad since I have been hoarding those long enough.  The card base was one of the Recollections corrugated card bases (my favorite) which I gesso'd earlier.  Then, I distressed some of the lyric paper to layer over it.    The Love and Play banner at the top was actually part of the paper that I fussy cut and mounted using pop dots.  This allowed me to adhere the image behind the banner and look like she was hanging from it.



Since the colors of the papers leaned more towards the peachy pink side, I used some orange copics to color up my Gorjuss Girl. At the bottom of the card, I adhered some lace trim and dug in my stash for peach and orange flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Prima, and I am Roses.


Here's a better look at the banner.


Inside the card, I pulled out my new favorite stamp set!!  If you haven't gotten this set yet, you really should check it out.. It's by Winnie and Walter and I think I used it on all of my cards!


Hope you like it!  I have a bunch more to share so stop by soon!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Looks beautiful Jenny! The colors are perfect and the layout lovely. Nice use of the paper too, especially the banner and love all the flowers. The inside rocks too.
^.^

SuiLan said...

I am so impressed with your "shabby chicness"! I guess I made up my own word. LOL Oh now I need to check out that stamp line. :)