Saturday, October 19, 2013

10-10-13 Day 5: Children's Discovery Center, Bellagio & the Cal


My oh my, almost at the end of our trip!  One of the things I had to do before we left Vegas was to mail my two boxes of stuff to me so my suitcase wouldn't be so full.  This is something I regularly do when I go to the mainland. I stick two large flat rate boxes in my suitcase in the event I buy too much (which is the norm) and can't fit it all in my suitcase.  Now I wish I bought me a duffle bag from LeSportsac!

After our post office drop, Paul left us to go meet up with some local Taiko players.  Since it was Akemi's last day, we gave her a choice of going back to Excalibur or Circus Circus or go to the Children's Discovery Center.  She chose the Discovery Center.. Good Girl!

Paul thought it would be too young for Akemi, but we decided to try anyway. I thought it might be different from the Hawaii one and I was right!  Had way more things for older kids at this one.  

One of the first stops was the water section.  Akemi had just as much fun as the toddlers in this section!



 She liked a lot of the activities they had there including the food section and science sections.


Here's one of her favorite features of the discovery center...


It was a wind tunnel!  Pretty awesome.

Look who we found at the Discovery Center!  It's Daba!


After trying this challenge, Akemi said she doesn't think she's going to be a Civil Engineer...


Very cool... giant lite brite!

Say what?!



I think I need one of these for my house...


So even if your kids are older, they will still have fun at the Vegas Discovery Center.  If you are on your way to the outlet mall you will see it on your left if heading from downtown.  I think this would be great to drop off the kids and an adult while the other adult goes shopping! :)  I'm gonna tell my brother to do that next time they go.  My nieces will love it!


After we got back to the hotel, we ran into Grandma Kat...  GUESS WHAT?


SOMEONE FINALLY WON!  Yay!  At least we weren't all losers!


We decided to head out one last time before dropping off the car.  We decided to check out the fountains at night.  I'll never get tired of it!




That is one attraction I'll never get tired of seeing.  I can't believe my sister hasn't seen it yet!  After a couple of "performances" we headed across the street to check out Sugar Factory.  I was a high end candy shop.  Good candies, but kinda expensive.  $65 for a set of three blinged out lollipops!  Had to pop my eyes back into their sockets.

After that we were pretty tired, so we headed back to Main Street to return our car.  Kyle later took Paul and Akemi back to Sonic for dinner while mom and I ate at the Cal.  Mom and Akemi went to bed and Paul and I stayed up until it was time to meet for our flight.  So tired but had so much fun!  I'm still recovering from my Vegas hangover!

No comments: