Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shabby Pocket Watch

I've been addicted to YouTube recently.  I guess more crafters are embracing YT over blogging nowadays, so I turn to YT more frequently than blogger.  It's especially great for tutorials! Crafters are so cool and share all of their projects which are so inspiring....

All this YT'ing has inspired me to get back in my craft room and start working again.  I'm still on my shabby chic kick... maybe it's not a kick anymore!  Maybe it's here to stay... maybe I'm just getting old!  Paul said that my taste in crafting has grown- not as much cutsie stuff anymore.  Sigh... I guess my age is catching up with me.

So while YT surfing, I stumbled on this video by LiveLoveScrap.  She has some great projects that I couldn't wait to CASE!  I ran to get the new TH pocket watch die and circle inserts.  Now I can't wait till the Tick Tock die comes in so I can make the alarm clock version too!

Here's what I came up with... I ended up cutting a bunch of old cereal boxes instead of regular chipboard.  Its more time consuming, so I think next time I will just use regular cardstock.


I turned the pocket watch into a shaker!  Since it was just a sample, I decided to add in thinks that I didn't care if I wasted, so I started with some old dew drops (remember when they were so popular?), some glitter, and a few pearl hearts.  Then I thought the rose would be small enough to move around but I was wrong.  It kinda stays in the same place and doesn't shake around like the others.  Oh well.  Oh yah, also added in a chipboard butterfly.


I had these white dragonflies, so I glued that to the top of the watch along with a crystal spray and some All Natural Accent flowers.


All pocket watches have chains right?  I decided to put on a real chain and attach some baubles and pearls to it.


I also glued some I am roses and Prima roses to the side of the watch. and finished it off with a Recollections pearl flourish.


Oh yah, the paper used was by Pink Paislee.   I sure had fun making this watch!  I have another idea for two more pocket watches, so hopefully I'll have some time to make those soon.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Really pretty! Love what you did and adding the chain was a really nice touch!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ho, that is unreal gorgeous Jenny. LOVE IT!!!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty Jenny!!!

Linda said...

Oh how I love what you did with this pocket watch! You are the Hawaiian Bona - and I know you personally! Cheehoo! xoxo, Kimmie

P.S. - I know you're thinking "she is so stupid ..." Hahahaha!