Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sweet Baby

First of all, I must apologize for the bad photos.  I had a hard time for some reason.  

Anyway, still on my shabby chic kick... found this old photo of Akemi and wanted to use the turquoise colors in her dress as the color theme for the layout.  Dug up one of the Firefly papers by Prima as the background sheet and really wanted to try the zipper technique in this layout.  At first I thought the purple/pink rose background on the other side would work since her haku lei is purple, but after studying it awhile, I decided to paint over it so that the layout was mostly white and turquoise.



I started by using my new Prima flower mask and adding some paste for dimension.  Did this in the corner and where I wanted the picture to go.  The paste is supposed to take about 1 hr to dry, but I used my heat gun to speed up the process.  Yes, I'm impatient.




Then I cut a mat for the photo and distressed the edges.  Staggered it behind the photo for interest and then adhered it down to the paper.  Then I cut a line up from the bottom of the paper to about where I wanted the zipper to show.  I then trimmed out a triangle and distressed/curled up the edges.  This is where I inserted the zipper- adhered it behind the page.  To fill the hole, I adhered some rosette trim to a paper and adhered it to the back of the zippered area.  At first I wanted to put my sentiment inside the zipper, but it ended up being too small an area, so I scrapped that idea and just added in some heart embellishments I made (see previous post for link to tutorial).  Added an acrylic flower to accent the heart.
.

Now came the fun part!  Embellishing!  I went through my stash and picked out some pearl flouishes, flowers by I Am Roses and Wild Orchid Crafts, acrylic flowers and a feather butterfly.



Then I added the sentiment using white foam thickers.  Couldn't decide on the title so I went with Sweet Baby.


Ok thanks for bearing through these awful photos!  I have something more punky to share tomrrow!

2 comments:

Cami said...

Beautiful layout with wonderful techniques and great ideas! Love this!

Leanne said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jenny!! I agree with Cami, beautiful layout, technique and display.:)