Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's Time To Celebrate!

 Well Hello There!  Did you miss me?  I know, I've been super swamped with Release #8 of Sister Stamps this month, so not much posting, but I did manage to make a few extra goodies to share with you for our first ever Sister Stamps blog hop!  You should have come here from Cami's blog.  This is the last stop on the hop.. hope you enjoyed it so far!

So, all I have to say is "BOING!"  Do you know what I'm referring to?  I found these action wobblers at the last Rubber Stamp expo on Oahu and couldn't wait to use them!  I had it all planned out, but after I started making the card, I realized that they were too big for my image.  Boo.  So I improvised like any other crafter would, (or maybe I get that from my husband?) and cut down the adhesive part in hopes that it would fit under Takeo's balloons.  Let's just say it didn't really fit, but I made it work somehow.

Kept the rest of the card very simple by using some of my new Spring Distress Inks by Ranger and my favorite sensei- Tim Holtz!  I haven't gotten my Summer set yet, but I'm sure they will be just as fun to play with.  I gotta say that I love these colors!!  I didn't use the peacock color that was included in the set cause I thought it might be too dark, so I ended up using tumbled glass instead.  The sentiment is from a old Hero Arts birthday set.


Now for the fun part... BOING!


I tried really really hard to activate the wobbler for the photo and I think I got a pretty good shot!  Well, you can see my finger in the photo, but you get the idea.  I don't recommend doing this if you have the action wobblers.  It barely fit and you can see some of it sticking out from behind it.  But I guess I was determined enough to make it happen.  If there's a will, there's a way right?

Be back tomorrow with more fun on our Release #8 blog hop!  Check out the Sister Stamps blog if you missed out on everyone else's posts- you won't want to miss out on all the fun!  Oh, and don't forget to enter into our blog candy giveaways by checking out the Introduction posts earlier in the week!

15 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is super cute. love the wobble affect. Great boy card!

judkajudi said...

Who wouldn't love to have a card with balloons that wobble? Good for you for making it work!

ParkNSlide said...

Love your color palette.

Mimi said...

Fabulous card! Fun wobbler idea for the balloons! Congrats on the 1year anniversary of Sister Stamps!! ;D

1LuvnMama said...

OMGosh Jenny! Really? It BOING's? How cool is that? Thank you, thank you for having me in this hop . . . congrats to you and Denise for a super year! Wishing you many, many more years of success with Sister Stamps!

donna mikasa said...

Too cute! Love the boingy balloons!

Leanne said...

hahaha!!! I remembered seeing those things at CHA and saying whoa that's so cool! I can imagine all the fun someone will get playing with this card. Love the background and the CAS design. He's adorable!!
Thank you so much for having me join this awesome blog with some amazing inspirational crafters. Many blessings to you and Denise!
Check you out tomorrow!
*;)

mimi said...

Wow- love that wobble technique! So cool! Love your card! What do you have up your sleeve next??? Can't wait!

Ali said...

I love this card with the Action Wobble! Such a great idea! Love the Distress Inks, too!

Linda said...

BOING!!! I didn't see those! Guess you bought them all ... LOL! Great card Jenny, and love that you used the new TH inks! xoxo!

sunflower sue said...

Love this card and the wobbly balloons. Of course I love all of the Sister Stamps, too.

Cyndi said...

Such a fun card! Love the technique used!

ldemello said...

love the colors and the boingy balloons!! so cute :0)

Njeri said...

Fabulous card, I love how you have kept everything clean and simple.

Debi said...

The BOING is really cute and love what you did with the spring Distress!