Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Getting More Inky

 Three more tags to share today.  For some reason I found the first two tags really challenging.  Had to wait until my Archival Ink pads arrived before I could play with these inks.  I never knew what the main differences were in the different inks before, but now that I do, it makes stamping so much easier!



The first tag was made using alcohol inks.  I think this is my best alcohol ink background, which is why I used it for my sample.  For some reason, I had a hard time achieving the same effect as Hotlz Sensei.  I'm glad the photo picked up some of the gold that was hiding.  After I did the background, I just stamped over it using my black Archival ink pad.  These are becoming one of my favorite ink pads!


This 2nd tag was also challenging.  I had to re-play the video several times to understand what Sensei was saying.  I guess I never thought you could do a resist technique just using inks and no embossing.  This Archival Ink resist technique was done using Archival Inks (light colors) and distress inks (supposed to be dark).  I think I should've used a darker distress ink color for the background.  I'll admit, I was chicken.  I didn't have the guts to go darker, but I'll try doing so next time.



This last tag was playing around with my new water brushes.  After stamping w/Archival inks, I used the waterbrush to paint the images.  Used Tumbled glass on the leaves and one of the browns (sorry, I forget which one!) on the kanji.  I thought it was cool to color it in so that it looks like I punched it out and adhered it to the tag, but really the kanji was stamped directly onto the paper.  BTW- used watercolor paper for this technique.  Don't frustrate yourself like me and use regular cardstock.  Waterbrush + Watercolor paper + Distress inks = Happy Me!


Be back soon with a few more to share...  Have a great week!

No comments: