Sunday, May 29, 2011

Babes In Toyland- IDA 2011

Every other year, Island Dance Academy puts on a huge production for all the dancers. This year, Akemi was one of the Old Lady who lived in the shoe kids (what a mouthful yah?) and was the first year she danced tap in the performance. Everyone did a great job! Here she is after opening night... On the 2nd night, we brought goodies for the other girls in her group. Made these flowers using the candy stick bags again and filling them with M&Ms. Someone behind me asked me about them. These bags are surely getting noticed in Hilo! As you can see, I forgot to take a photo before we got there, so this was taken while we were waiting for the show to start. Grandma Kat and Papa Steve came to watch Akemi too... And here's Akemi with Miss Suen, who runs IDA. And here's our happy family with our little shoe girl. Do you like her paper flower bouquet I made for her? Did it in about an hour before we left to drop her off. Why do I always wait till the last minute? Anyway, I'll try to get a better photo of them and re-post. Akemi really enjoyed this year's performance! I guess she'll be continuing on with dance for now... I think DH was getting a little worried when she spotted "hip hop" on the class schedule and asked to take that class too! Sticking with ballet and tap for now.

No comments: