Friday, March 4, 2011

You Mean So Much To Me

This Lawn Fawn bunny has got to be one of my favorite bunny stamps ever! I was totally inspired by Donna Mikasa's bunny cards using this stamp and watercolor background, that I had to make my own. I decided to CASE the concept of using the brown and white bunnies but put them into the Pleated Center Pop Up Card for some fun. Hoping to teach this class soon, so needed to come up with some samples. To give extra support to the tree and make the butterfly look like it was really flying, I used acetate behind the images. For the tree leaves, I stamped on patterned paper so that I wouldn't have to color it in. I think it gave some nice contrast and and overall fun look. Used DP for the grass too to give it some texture. Here's another view of the card when its open. Here you can see that it stays open flat and the images pop up nicely. And here's a close up of the two bunnies... so cute yah? The brown one was just stamped on kraft cardtock so no coloring except for his ears, nose, and heart. Oh yah- I cut out his tail from another white bunny I stamped and adhered it to the brown bunny. Well, we are well on our way to Japan!!! Woo hoo! Hope I don't freeze my buns off! Have some pre-scheduled posts, so it'll be like I never left!

1 comment:

Leslie's pics said...

This is soo cute! Have fun on your trip, take lots of pictures and eat plennny food for me! :)