Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thinking of You

Finally getting around to practicing more of the stamp layering technique. I used the distress/watercolor technique by putting some distress inks on my craft mat and spritzed water over it. Then got some watercolor paper and soaked up all the distress ink to make this background. I love how it came out! The watercolor paper just soaks it all up so nicely. After it dried, I used my new Thanks definition background stamp in antique linen distress ink. You can't really see the words itself since its on the watercolor paper, so I wasn't stuck using a "thank you" theme. After the definition stamp dried, I stamped the weed looking stamp using broken china distress ink and then added the dragonflies with peeled paint distress ink. For a fun look that I always forget to use, I ended up tearing the bottom of the paper and added distress ink to cover up the white that showed through. Finished it off with a sentiment, crystals and a bow. This is becoming one of my favorite techniques!

1 comment:

Happy Honu said...

I love the card. I love that distress/ watercolor technique, and I hope to get to practice it someday. Thanks for sharing :)