Sunday, October 17, 2010

With Love From All Of Us

Greetings Everyone! Just recuperating from yesterday's Anniversary Sale at Island Scrapbooking. Thought I'd share one of the samples I made for the store since these new Heartfelt Creations stamps and matching dies were introduced. My friends Michele and Tracy both have a special love for cardinals, so I made this card with them in mind. Decided to keep the card more rustic looking since the cardinals look real and used kraft cardstock as my background. Since the stamp was very long, I had to make sure the card base was long enough for the stamp size. I've never really stamped on kraft cardstock before but I think I kinda like it! Anyway, the beauty of Heartfelt Creations sets is that the dies coordinate with the stamp sets. Plus they give you several stamp set options for each die set. I decided to die cut the cardinals on white paper instead so I could color them with my copics and get their true color. Then I popped them up on the card to give it some dimension. Since its a Christmas card, I decided to add some gold stickles on the pine needles and pine cones as an accent. Supplies:
  • All stamps- Heartfelt Creations
  • Cardinal dies- Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders
  • Stickles
  • Cardstock- Bazzil

No comments: