Thursday, September 23, 2010

September OCS- Summer Card

Here's the card I made for this month's OCS hosted by my GF Linda.. Its a great way to meet other crafters and exchange ideas! October sign ups should be announced soon, so if you are interested, check out her blog for the announcement. So, Linda has been challenging us for each OCS since she's taken over from Teri... This month's theme it to create a summer card. Since I've made a few summer themed cards this year, I decided to find an image that I haven't used recently. While browsing through my stash, I found this Mermaid Lilly set by Pink Cat Studio that I bought last year. She reminds me of summertime, so I decided to use her for my card. As you probably already know, I LOVE distress inks, so I had to incorporate it somehow on my card. Since they are blendable, it made a nice watery background for Lilly. I added some crystals using my flourish template and added the CC's sentiment that coordinates so well with mermaids and other sea life. My OCS partner this month is Brenda (Punch Queen). Hope she likes it! Supplies:
  • Mermaid Lilly stamp- Pink Cat Studio
  • Fintastic sentiment- CC's Designs
  • Distress inks- Ranger
  • Stickles
  • Crystals- Hero Arts
  • Cardstock- Bazzil

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

Janis said...

I love it! The mermaid is so cute! It really does remind me of summer. It's so sweet, just like you! Hugs, Janis