Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Challenge Time!

What can I say?! I've been inspired by all those challenges out there lately... this card came together without that much effort and seems to qualify for a few challenges! Here's the challenges I'm entering: How exciting! I've never entered the Flutterby Wednesday challenge before so this is really rare for me to have 3 for the price of one! So Tamiko's Creative Team is challenging everyone to alter an Anya. Normally I would do the head switcharoo, but I decided to be brave and try opening up the eyes. Let me explain a little about my altered Anya. I've been wanting to try this for AGES! Ever since I saw Amy (A thousand Sheets of Paper) do a tutorial on this I've been dying to try. Once you have all the right tools, its not that hard. I finally got my new light box (little problems with the batteries, but now works fine) and new Copic Multiliner pen so I was able to try this out. It was fun choosing which images to combine together. Can you guess which two images I used? Well, I think the Angel Anya is a dead giveaway, but I also used Fleur Anya's eyes. I guess you can't tell since their eyes are pretty much the same. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of this technique again soon. Next, I've been playing around with acetate cards, so I wanted to practice a bit more and added Angel Anya to acetate instead of regular cardstock. I think this qualifies for the All that Scraps Challenge this week. Believe me- acetate cards are pretty challenging! Finally, I normally use bling on my cards, plus I used Angel Anya, so she qualifies me for Flutterby Wednesday! Not sure if you can tell, but she has stickles on her wings. Also added pearl bling and glittered sakura's as accents. Here's a close up of Angel Anya. I like her with her eyes open! I feel like a proud mama! Supplies:
  • Angel Anya- TGF
  • Sakura- Island Scrapbooking
  • Pearl Bling- Kaisercrafts
  • Sweet Wonderful You sentiment- Hero Arts
  • Labels dies- Spellbinders
  • DP- Best Creations
  • Stickles

9 comments:

Pineapple Cove said...

Love the Acetate card Jenny!! Your altered anya is totally sweet & cute!

Islander Girl said...

Great job! I too have been dying to use acetate for a card! You did an awesome job combining all the challenges! Good luck!

Linda said...

Awesome job Jenny! I gotta check out Amy's blog now for that post! Thanks for playing!

Harriet Skelly said...

This is very cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Flutter By Wednesday - I hope you play again!

Danni said...

Very sweet and cute! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

WickedPixie said...

This is so cute! It is like she is flying! :-)Traci

Risa said...

What a super cute card! You did a fantastic job with the challenge. Good luck with the challenge and thanks for playing along with us at ATS!
hugs
Risa:)

Janis said...

Great job on the image! i love the use of the acetate.

Jodi said...

This is really cute! I love your altering and pretty pastel colors!! Thanks for joining us at Tamiko's!
Hugs
Jodi =)