Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Little Something,..

My friend has been trying so hard to get healthy and is doing really well, so I thought I'd make her a little something to reward her for all her hard work. She actually inspired me to teach the Stationary Box class last week and said she wanted to learn how to make it. She's told me in the past how much she loves this DP, so I used it in most of the project. I love this CC's Nora stamp so much and think she looks so cute lying down on the flowers! I kept the cards simple again and since she is also a papercrafter, I left a lot of the labels blank so she could stamp in whatever sentiment she wanted to. (Yes, they were intentially left blank for that purpose- I didn't forget to finish them!). Anyway, I hope she likes it! Here's the notecards I included in the box...
Supplies:
DP- October Afternoon, Fancy Pants
Cardstock- Bazzil
Buterfly punches- MS Crafts
Leaf punch
Swirl punch- EK success
Bird punch- SU
Tag punch- EK success
Flourish die- Sizzix (Tim Holtz)
Flowers- Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts
Stickles
Pearl Brads- American Crafts
Ticket punch- SU
Scallop circle and circle punches- Marvy
Labels 1 die- Spellbinders
Ribbon

7 comments:

Elena said...

Jenny, I love your stationery set! I want to learn to make this someday too. TFS!

ShaniKulani said...

what a beautiful stationary set! and love those colors. what a great gift :)

Happy Honu said...

That is a really nice stationary set. Love especially that you used something that she loves. I never thought of leaving the places blank so she can use her own sentiments, great idea--Myra

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful gift Jenny! Your friend will love it.

Tracy said...

I do love it! Its even more beautiful in person. Thanks for the gift and the encouraement. I love that you left them blank to....I have to enjoy having them before I can use them. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness!

Michele said...

What a thoughtful gift! I Love the colors you used.
That Laying Nora stamp is so cute.

eunice said...

What a wonderful thoughtful gift! You are such a sweet friend! So much time and caring went into creating this lovely project, your friends are so blessed to have someone as special as you!