Monday, July 19, 2010

Arigato Aunty Les!

Just wanted to thank my dear old friend Les for a fun but stressful photo shoot of my family. Yes, it was my bright idea to ask Les if she would be so kind as to take photos of my DD and two nieces who were visiting from LA. She was so nice to agree and said my bro and SIL could also take family photos and my mom could join in with the 3 granddaughters. My plan was to get at least one good one of the three girls so I could blow it up for my mom and frame it.
Before I show you the photos, wanted to share the thank you card I made for Les. First saw this on Eunice's blog (A Star for Chiemi) and she referenced Michele's blog (My Simple Crafts) where she had a link to a youtube video on how to make this card. Thank you ladies! Love this idea! Les couldn't join us for dinner at Macaroni Grill so my mom gave her a gift card so she could go later. Here's the inside of the card.
Anyway, for a good laugh at what we went through... check out Les' blog for more photos and the back story. She was stressed out on her side because her computer wasn't working and she used the wrong camera settings, and I was stressed out because the girls didn't want to have to do the photo shoot twice.... let's just say there were some meltdowns.
Despite all the stressing out... Les managed to get some really nice photos on Day 2. Who knew that this pretty park was right next to Kuakini??? I sure didn't! Thanks Les- you da best! Oh yah- the next time get another bright idea- remind me of this one!
Here's some of my favorites from the photo shoot(s)...
And don't forget Miley Sakamoto??

5 comments:

Joy said...

great pictures taken! they really look professional! love your gift card holder too. that really turned out fabulous. hope you have great week!

Leslie's pics said...

hahahahaaa! I loooved the gift card holder! But no look as easy as the other ones :\ Thank god you never post up any of the pictures from the first day!!!

Let's do it again sometime! ahahahhhaaa!

Joy said...

Love your gift card holder, it's really sweet!

And, what beautiful photos, such great photography and a great looking family!Lots of character! Sweet!

eunice said...

Your gift card holder came out great! I can never get enough of Hello Kitty...oh, and your paper is so cute!
Great photos, Jenny...these will be cherished forever. Park by Kuakini? Gonna have to go look for it next time I'm in the area...

Teri said...

What a fantastic gift card holder. Looks too complicated for me! The photos are beautiful. I guess we all never knew that there was a nice park by Kuakini...gotta check it out sometime!