Monday, May 31, 2010

Create Your Own Journey

I'm in Distress Ink Heaven!! Ok- this may not be the best of my creations, but its my first distress ink card, so you'll have to bare with me. I guess you can tell I had some issues with blending for this card, but now I'm much more comfortable on how to use the blending tool. I know they also react with water, but can't seem to find my spritzer that I bought, so I haven't tried that technique yet. Decided to try using mica powders over the distress background. I think you can see on the card that I stamped the Hero Arts kanji background stamp then used the mica powders over it. Almost forgot to heat set the background first before doing the mica powder. Otherwise it would have been a huge gold mess! I think the best thing about this technique is that even if your mica powders don't clean up that nicely, its OK because its distress!! I then spritzed it with some gold shimmer mist that I mixed using the shimmer paint and alcohol. After I finished the background.. it took me a long time to figure out which stamp to use as my focal point. I decided to pull out one of my favorite images- a Hero Arts butterfly with hearts in the wing design. I also used the Create Your Own Journey sentiment by Hero Arts. I guess Hero Arts makes some stamps that go great with distress projects! I'll be posting more of my distress projects soon. Thanks for your sweet comments while I was in my crafting funk! I think I'm getting out of it now- thanks to Distress! Supplies:
  • Distress inks- Ranger (Tim Holtz)
  • Shimmer paint- Tsukineko
  • Buttefly image- Hero Arts
  • sentiment- Hero Arts
  • kanji stamp- Hero Arts
  • mica powder

2 comments:

Kyoko said...

Hi Jenny! OMG I love your distress card ... very PRETTY! I haven't tried this technique but it's on my "to do" list! You know how that goes!

Huggies,
Kyoko

Cyndi said...

very nice distressed card!