Saturday, April 24, 2010

Simply Marvelous!

This one stumped me for a bit.. I was in awe when I saw this card on Jan Tinklenberg's blog Stamps Paper Scissors. She did a video tutorial on how to make this Marvelous Marquee card, which is truly marvelous! How many of you spend time on youtube taking notes on how to make cards?? Am I the only crazy one out there?
Anyway, after finally getting the right sized punches, everything seemed to fall into place. Guess that's what I get for trying to improvise with larger punches! Just goes to show that you really do need to follow directions some times, yah?
So, here's the marvelous part... When you open the card, it reveals a little window that you can stamp a small image or sentiment! Love it! This was my 3rd or 4th go at it and I finally found one that I was comfortable enough to post here. It really isn't that hard... just need the right sized tools and you'll be all good!
Supplies:
Cardstock- Bazzil
DP- Cosmo Cricket
Bee and sentiment stamps- Hero Arts
Flower punch- carl craft
Circle, scallop circle and square punches- Marvy and Paper shapers Ribbon

5 comments:

joni h said...

cool card! looks like it would be hard to make. yup, I sit here staring at You Tube too. I think my face is like 2 inches from the screen as if I'll get a better look if I'm closer! Have a great day!

ShaniKulani said...

too cute...love the suprise pic inside!

Cyndi said...

very cute! looks like it was a lot of work!

Teri said...

What a great card! I think I'm gonna have to try this one out! TFS Jenny!

eunice said...

I really love this card! Just wish it weren't so complicated to assemble! I love how yours turned out, Jenny...so CUTE!