Monday, March 22, 2010

Large Gift Bag

While playing around with the dimensions of the mini tote bag I posted earlier, I thought- why can't I make a larger gift bag? The mini gift bag used 2 6x6 pieces of cardstock to make the bag, so I adjusted the measurements to use 2 12x12 sheets of cardstock and here's what I came up with...

The finished size of this bag is 7 3/8" x 9 1/2". I'd say its comparable to the average gift bag size and is fairly wide so it can hold a good sized gift. Don't laugh at my bows! They are to crooked, I know. Since the DP I used was so pretty, I decided to leave the bag plain and just accent it with the pretty ribbon. DP is by Fancy Pants. I actually bought this DP for my upcoming class, but had a lot of leftover, so I used it for my experiment. I love how it came out- crooked bows and all!

6 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Jenny,
I love how this came out too! It looks like a store bought bag! Very nice!!
Hugs,
Michele

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

very nice bag- you're so creative! I love the DP and your bows look great irregardless! Have a nice week!

Joy said...

what a pretty bag...love how you made your own measurements...that's my favorite thing to do. find something and then alter it to my liking =) hope you have a wonderful week.

1LuvnMama said...

Oh wow! I'm so luvn your gift bags Jenny! This one can hold plenty of stuff! :) More the merrier!

Islander Girl said...

Too cute! I made some for my dh's secretary one Christmas and I loved making them!!! Yours turned out really cute!

Brenda said...

Loved how you super-sized the bag! TFS! Have a great week!