Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Village Castle

Our department is hosting a Christmas Village Contest this year. Last year we had a Christmas Tree decorating contest and before that, they had a choo choo train. We could all submit a house, or building to be part of the village. I decided to go with a castle. I wanted to make it girlie, so I made it gray and pink. Akemi thought it should be covered in snow, so we added icicles and cotton to the bottom to simulate snow. The castle is actually a template I found here.. It was a lot easier to make than I thought! I took it to work today and laughed when I saw it next to the other two entries (sad yah? Only 3 of us entered!) One was a fire station- which was awesome and much larger than my castle... the other was a house that was also larger than my castle! Looks pretty funny when the castle is the smallest structure there! Oh well, I don't have time to modify it, so it went as is. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here's a better look at the castle.

No comments: