Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Simple Sympathy

A dear friend's mother-in-law passed away recently. Although she told me "no koden" and the service is private, I wanted to give the family something. Here's my simple sympathy card that I made for them.
To be honest... Sympathy cards are my least favorite type of card to make, so I always struggle when coming up with my design. The "with sympathy" sentiment made it easier since the font by itself is nice. The sentiment is a custom laser cut and will soon be carried at Island Scrapbooking. I colored the words with my black Copic marker, they were originally white.
At first, I just had the washi rectangle behind the words and that's it. I knew it needed something else, but didn't want to go overboard since its a sympathy card. I decided on using my small sakura punch for some flower accents. It was just enough to balance the card.

1 comment:

Kyoko said...

Such a pretty card. Sympathy cards are so difficult to make... TFS@