Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Heart Flip Album

Happy Wednesday! While browsing the Sizzix website, I found a heart flip album that looked pretty cool. The instructions were lacking, so I had to pretty much figure out how to make this based on the tiny image on their website. Using the XL Heart Pop Up die, I cut about 8 hearts from the die. I guess you could cut more if you wanted more pages, but I wanted to keep it simple. I decided to use the album to document my daughter's big week. Since the album was pretty small, I had to shrink the photos down on my computer so that they'd fit. I also decided to handwrite my titles and journaling instead of printing them on the computer or using stickers/dies... I don't have nice handwriting... so don't laugh!
Here's the front cover of the album. I taped the ribbon in between the cover and the first page and back cover/last page so that you could close up the book by tying a bow. Here's the first 2 pages... Here's pages 4-5. Here's the last 2 pages... I think this would make a cute mother's day or father's day gift. Supplies used: Pop up heart die- Sizzix Cardstock- Bazzil DP- Imaginisce, Doodlebug

No comments: