Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fodder's Day!

When it was Mother's Day, Akemi told me "Happy Mudder's Day!" So naturally, she told Daddy, "Happy Fodder's Day!" She cracks me up.
Anyway.. back to the card... Yes, its another magic card. By now, you should be getting bored of them yah? I'll switch to something new soon. Anyway, the story behind this card is that my husband plays Taiko for Puna Taiko. I bought this taiko stamp a long time ago and forgot about it. I found it recently when he asked me to wrap up something for the theater staff to thank them for the last performance. So since i used the stamp for the thank you gift, I decided to use it for his fadder's day card.
This Mari and Me stamp is small compared to The Greeting Farm stamps, so the window was much too big for the size of the stamp. I used the large oval anyway and decided to stamp the sentiment next to the image. Since the white image was so far to the right, I covered the area with a flourish. I wish the image was larger though- would have come out nicer.
Supplies used:
Taiko drummer stamp- Mari and Me
Happy Dad's day- Hero Arts
Markers- copics
Acetate
Ribbon
Washi paper- Hanko designs
Flourish die- Sizzix
cardstock- Bazzil
Wishing all you dad's out there a Happy Fodder's Day!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Jenny,
I think this is the prettiest of all the cards that you have made using this design technique. The paper is gorgeous and the florish is amazing. I think I might even own it and of course have never used it! Keep tantalizing us........