Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Under the Sea... with Anya!

Mermaid Anya has to be one of my favorite Anyas! Maybe its because The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite movies? Not sure, but she is a cutie.
Here's two versions of Mermaid Anya. I really like the first card. To me, mermaids would have green fins. Not sure why, but they just do. Even though she kind of blends in with the background paper, I like the way the colors match perfectly.
The second version is a combination of Ariel and the mermaid from Splash... OK now for some 80's trivia... what was the name given to the mermaid (aka Daryl Hannah) in the movie Splash? Answer at the end of this post. Back to my story... Her hair is reddish orange- similar to Ariel and her fins are orange like on Splash. I chose these colors because they stood out against the paper. Sometimes I like the contrasting colors instead of coordinating colors.
Supplies used:
Cardstock- Bazzil
DP- The Stamping Station
Mermaid Anya- The Greetings Farm
Happy Birthday sentiment- printed from my computer
Glitter- Stickles
Circle and Scallop circle dies- Spellbinders
Pens- Copics
Rhinestones- Hero Arts
OK now for the answer... .Madison! I think it had something to do with the street they were walking on in the movie. Another bit of useless information stored in my brain forever.

No comments: