Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hello Kitty Cards

Hi Everyone! It's Aloha Friday... can't wait for the weekend to start. As I was working on some Easter goodies, I took a break and decided to work on some cards and another sample for Michele to use in her store.
This first card was made using my new Hello Kitty with Bonnet embosslit. I decided to layer her clothes (and hat) using pink cardstock. Her whiskers were colored in using a black glaze pen by Sakura. It sure beats cutting and gluing on those whiskers! (Yes, even using my xyron to adhere whiskers is kind of a pain). I think I need to get a yellow glaze pen so I can color in her nose. Right now its still white. Her hat flowers and wreath flowers were embellished with Hero Arts Bling. The Swiss Dot paper and cardstock used for Hello Kitty is by Bazzil. I really don't know why I made this card- I think I just wanted to use my new die! Now that I made it, I think I'm going to use it as a Happy Birthday card for my niece.
I made this next card for a baby luau we are going to this weekend. I have no idea if they like Hello Kitty, but I guess that's too bad for them! :) Hello Kitty die used is by Sizzix and cardstock
used is by Bazzil. I pretty much used the same papers that are in the above project. The Happy Birthday sentiment is a Sizzix die from their sentiment's set. Almost forgot, the yellow cardstock was cut from the Spellbinders Labels 4 (I think its #4) die set. I really like this set- maybe even more so than the Labels 1 set (seen below).
Finally, I tried making a bag using the Spellbinders Labels 1 die for Michele at Island Scrapbooking. These dies are more squareish than I imagined. Guess I thought it would be more rectangular. Anyway, the Hello Kitty Bigs head die just fit on the largest Label's die. I was able to fit a few pieces of candy inside. This is a great party favor (very fast to make) or goodies for any occasion. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Love all these Hello Kitty projects, they are all so cute, especially the ones with those pearls!!!