Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Hello Kitty

Are you sick of Hello Kitty yet? Not me! I just can't get enough of these new Hello Kitty dies. I had some leftover post it note holder blanks cut, so I made one for my Aunty Jan since I was going to see her this weekend. This is the new Mimi die (I think she's Hello Kitty's sister), and she sure looks ready to go shopping! I added a Hero Arts pearl to the bag for a little bling. Instead of cutting and gluing her tiny wiskers, I took a shortcut and used a Glaze pen. The printed papers were cut from scraps and the name was cut using the Cricut Design Studio with George Basic Shapes cartridge. I'm still a novice when it comes to Design Studio, but I love the fact that you can weld letters together and it will cut them all into one image instead of separate letters. The small flowers were from Doodlebug Designs... one of my favorite companies. Sorry, my photos are junk... I'm still waiting for Les to teach me how to take better photos (hint hint).
My next card was a birthday card for my friend Les (very belated). I used the new Hello Kitty Mushroom die- which I just love. The Hello Kitty is actually from the die with her on the rainbow, but I thought she would look cute peeking over the mushroom. The Happy Birthday is from one of the Sizzix greetings (sizzlits) collection, and the butterfly is from Big Island Packaging.
Here's a close up of the Hello Kitty.
I also wanted to play with the new rainbow die and Hello Kitty with the balloons. My daughter just loves rainbows, so I had to buy this die. I initially made it so Michele could display it in her store, but once I showed it to my mom, she put a claim on it and I couldn't get it back (sorry Michele). The funny thing is my mom will probably never use it- she will just end up keeping it and looking at it. As long as someone enjoys it, I'm happy!
This weekend I got to visit Photocraft and J's Knicknacks in Honolulu! I had so much fun getting new ideas and seeing new products! Thank you so much to Photocraft for spending so much time with us! I ended up buying a Scor-Pal from them (on the recommendation of Aunty Jan) and am excited to start using it.
While we were at J's Knicknacks we were lucky to go when they were doing a free make 'n take with the new Easter Hello Kitty dies. I don't know if you can tell but the inside of one of the ears fell out while I was shopping in the store. All of the dies used, including the circle border are new Hello Kitty dies. Cheryl from J's Knicknacks told me that she will be doing a make 'n take when she comes to the Hilo Ben Franklin next month. Can't wait to see what new project she will come up with- hope I can make it!

5 comments:

Laura said...

You have so many of them! I'm so jealous! There's still none in the stores up here that I've been to. The Ben Franklin up here doesn't even carry the Sizzix brand at all!

Denise said...

Cute Hello Kitty projects. I am not tired of Hello Kitty, keep posting your HK creations. They are all wonderful. Nice to have met you in person at J's.

Jamee said...

i love all of your hello kitty projects!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Jenny! I found your blog by accident. Glad I got to meet you and sorry your bunny ear fell out. I would of given you another one if I knew. Hope to see you soon!

Jenny said...

Hi Cheryl,
Don't worry about my bunny ear, she's still cute anyway and my daughter didn't even notice when I gave it to her. Hope I can make it to your make & take in Hilo!

Jenny