Sunday, March 8, 2009

More Calendar Samples

Here are more sample calendars that I made over the last few years. The first one is a calendar I made for last year's Hoaloha Annual Dinner. I didn't get to go, but since I had already made the calendar, I let them use it for a prize in one of the games. The rounded squares were cut from scrap paper with my George Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge. I decided to go with a pink, black and white theme throughtout the calendar. The die cut shapes (purses, cosmetics, shoes, etc.) are all Sizzix dies. All of the stamps used are from Stampin Up. I also punched out flowers and embellished a lot with crystal accents. The plastic flowers are from Queen and Company. The month titles were die cut from the Quickutz cookie cutter dies. When I first started making these calendars, I used to try to make each month using a theme for that month. For example, I would use red, green and white for December and decorate it with Christmas trees or Santa, or something to do with Christmas. This got extremely tiresome once I needed to make several calendars for gifts, so what I ended up doing was coming up with an overall theme for the calendar, depending on what the person likes, colors, they like, etc. This made the project much easier to manage and fun to create 12 different layouts using the same theme. This project also allows you to use a lot of your scraps and left over items. I normally buy mini calendars to adhere to the layout, but I think I ran out when I made this one, so I printed a calendar template from Microsoft Publisher. It will create the annual calendar on one sheet of paper, which is the perfect size for this project.

1 comment:

Teri said...

The calendars are soooo cute!