Monday, February 23, 2009

Yikes!

Hello everyone out there! Is there anyone out there? After reading numerous blogs about paper crafting I finally got up the courage to start my own.... so here it is, a work in progress of course. Anyway, the inspiration for the name of my blog came from my husband. He thinks this title is hilarious and laughs every time he tells me to use that name... so for now that's my blog's name! No, I am not calling anyone out to beef (that means fight)! Anyway, I finally decided to teach a class at Island Scrapbooking (in downtown Hilo) next month. Since Easter is coming up in April, I thought it would be a good idea to make some kind of Easter basket, so I finally came up with one using one of the XL Sizzix dies and the bunny from Hello Kitty. I'll post a photo after I finish making a sample. In the meantime, I thought I'd post one of my recent projects... I got the idea after I saw some of those re-useable grocery bags covered with a strip of fabric at one of our local fabric stores (Fabric Impressions). This little strip of fabric really changed the way the bag looked and gave me the inspiration to put my own spin on it. Being that I love Hello Kitty, I naturally chose a Hello Kitty die for my first bag. I gave one to my mother-in-law and she asked me to make about 30 of them for her friends at her office. Here's a few of my favorites.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I have to say that when I first saw the name of your blog in the web address format, I thought it said "likes crap"... so maybe Paul should rethink the name =)

Love the bags!! So cute with the HK. Can't wait to see your Easter stuff!