Monday, January 4, 2010

Play Date

Well, I finally picked up a stamp and inked it yesterday... the holidays took its toll on me and I needed a break from crafting. Right after New Year's, I cleaned out my daughter's room, my bedroom and my husband moved me into his office, so now I can craft in his office. We cleaned out a ton of stuff, so I was quite tired. I'm happy to say that I did finally get my stuff more organized! Yay!
So, yesterday I spent the afternoon with my friend Debi. We had a nice lunch and then I helped her start her blog... Just waiting for her to give me the OK to post her address. Anytime Debi!! Believe me, you'll like her stuff- its so cute!
We decided that we should be a little productive too and make something so that my husband doesn't think we just talked all afternoon (even though we did!). We've both been asking each other about the easel card that we've been seeing all over the blogs, so we finally decided to make one today. It was SOOOOOOO easy! Not sure why it took me so long to do one! Anyway, wanted to make some valentines cards, so brought my Valentine's day paper and new stamps with me to play with.
Here's what I came up with... I used my new stamp by Stampavie. Couldn't resist the snuggle bunnies and thought they would be cute to use for a Valentine's day card. I just got this metallic finished paper by SEI too that I thought would work with the bunnies. Finally, I wanted to test out the new Martha Stewart heart punches I just got. I wasn't sure if I should get them or not, but I'm glad I did. I really like how it came out. Here's a close up...
Here's the card when its opened...
I decided to ink up my new Hero Arts set with the little girls- its so cute! Since I had the valentines theme going, I decided to use a heart as the background for this one. This time I used Debi's heart corner punch to hold in the background paper on the inside of the card. I think the sentiment was a bit big for the size of the card, but I wanted to use the sentiment that came with the set... next time I gotta try making a larger sized card.
Here's the card opened up.
Here's Debi's easel card. She decided to use the new bird punch from Stampin Up. I like how she made the bird's kissing.
Here's the card opened up...
We sure had fun! Can't wait for the next play date!
Supplies:
Bunny stamp- Stampavie
Happy Valentine's day sentiment- Stampin up
Word window, labels punch and bird punch- Stampin up
Hearts border and corner punch- Martha Stewart
DP- SEI, SU
Cardstock- Bazzil, American Crafts
Markers- Copics
Girl stamp/sentiments- Hero Arts
Crystals- Hero Arts
Flowers- Prima
Heart and Scallop Heart Dies- Spellbinders

No comments: